Salaat emphasizes the direct relation of the Muslim to the Almighty Allah. The time of five compulsory prayers helps the believers in setting the pattern of their entire day;
- Fajr prayer is offered at dawn, before sunrise
- Zuhr prayer is offered at midday, after the peak hour of the sun is passed
- Asr prayer is offered in the late afternoon
- Maghrib prayer is offered at sunset
- Isha prayer is offered after sunset and before midnight
Salaat offers a continuous reminder of the real meaning of our creation and highlights the proximity of our religion and day-to-day activities. According to the Islamic point of view, our life is an opportunity for praying and the remembering Allah - Praying five times a day and suspending the routine activities develops the awareness of this concept. By offering Salaat daily, the believer attains a spiritual understanding and true meaning of life.
Salaat purifies the soul and the believers achieve religious commitment as well as moral elevation. It does not just provide you with a strong connection with Allah, but it also helps in establishing persistence, humbleness, and honesty. Salaat gives us a way to ask forgiveness and stops us from unfair deeds.